Flat Surface Tool
DESCRIPTION: EM 2FL x 1/4″ x Flat Surface Tool
The Flat Surface Tool (FST) is a two fluted end mill that’s specifically designed for shallow depth machining of < .050”. The tool features an inverted point, a face corrected outside diameter cutting corners and a center gash which extends life and optimizes performance. The FST machines smooth bottom surfaces and vertical side walls.
These tools can be used for multiple applications such as; creating flat and level surfaces for other machining applications or where pockets or surfaces within a part are needed. The large body size allows for milling tasks to be completed faster than can be performed by smaller tools. The FST can be resharpened.
In addition to the FST, CRT stocks other specialty items:
- Single Flute Countersinks
- Multi-Flute Countersinks
- Extended Length Soft Tooling Drills
- LHSLHC Micro End Mills for Castellations
- Micro End Mills for Drilling/Milling Short Slots
- Bevel and Slotting Tools
- Diamond Coated Threading Mills
- Diamond Coated Drills, Routers and End Mills
- MQL Delivery Systems & Lubrication for IMS Copper/Aluminum Drilling and Routing